Dos and Donts
You are here: Useful Information >> Dos and Donts
Before we start – Wash the area to be decorated with a good soap (one with a mud base) and water.
- MEHENDI/HEENA Tattoos should be kept for 2-3 hours till the design is fully dry
- Once dried Scrap off the dry MEHENDI /HENNA tattoos and do not wash it with water for atleast 24 hours, to ensure maximum colour.
- The Hotter you are the Darker the colour comes out on the skin.The old wives tale goes “The darker the colour the more your husband loves you”
- Apply a mixture of lemon and sugar, atleast twice, to enchance the colour an to make the heena mixture stick to your body.
- After the tattoos are dried completely get some steam passing through cloves over the gas or hotplate and apply Vicks for a good darkened colour.
- The colour on the skin will darken , the day the henna has been applied.It would last for a few days and then fade away.
- When the MEHENDI/HEENA tattoos starts fading and appears patchy, it can be removed by applying cosmetic body bleach.
- Brides should do their waxing before the henna is applied or otherwise the mehendi would be waxed off with the hair.
- Just relax and enjoy your henna..............
Find best Bridal Make Up and Bridal Services.
- Do not use an oily soap as this can prevent the colour from setting properly
- After the tattoos are applied avoid washing the area with soap or water for atleast 4-5 hours
- Avoid staying close to the air conditioner as it dries up the MEHENDI/HEENA
- Don’t scrap off the dried henna paste intentionally, let it flake off on it`s own.
- Avoid too much movement of the part of the body the henna is applied,as there are chances you might dash into someone and smudge it all over.